10 WEEKS of SALE-A-BRATION IS HERE!
This is a delightful stamp that will lend itself to many different occasions. Later in the week I will show you a note book cover we made at Group training in Aberdeen using this stamp set and of course the Everyday Enchantment papers too! Just to be clear about how fantastic an offer this is remember that for EVERY £45 you spend, you get a free Sale – a – Bration item. It is not limited…so if you love that paper get your orders in and stock pile it….I know I will be doing!
So what this girls did next…you may remember last week we resumed our Tuesday Classes focusing on clean and simple and actual layouts rather than just poplin stuff onto our cards. The girls home work was to choose a layout and copy it at home….heres how they did (I am so proud! they did amazingly!)
Aren’t they all just amazing? This week we revisited water colour paper and different ways to apply colour but also using the same stamp in different ways. It was loads of fun and the girls really embraced getting their fingers into the inks!
A little something I made….
I am so pleased with the way this bag turned out – I would love to say it was all my own idea but sadly it wasn’t! I got the pattern from a lady called Lynn Pratt who has some amazing 3d projects I am hoping to have a go it over the next few weeks and you can view her website here – Thank you Lynn – I love this!
A couple of nights ago, when checking my emails I noticed one from a pal of mine – Susan, now this was unusual in that we don’t often email each other – we tend to text! I was thrilled and delighted when I read it because wh had awarded me an honour – a nagging one but an honour none the less! And the Award is………..
The idea of the Liebster Blog Award is to spread the love from one small blog (under 200 followers) to other small blogs. This helps to spread knowledge and readership
Liebster” in German means “dearest”, so as part of the Liebster award tradition, I am going to pass this award to 5 blogs that I value, and that have both inspired and motivated me.
To accept the award, you must:
1) Link back to the person who gave it and thank them for thinking of you.
2) Post the award to your blog.
3) Give the award to 5 bloggers (with less than 200 followers) that you appreciate and value.
4) Leave a comment on the blogs of the five people you have chosen to let them know.
So here is the link back to Susan – check her out she does some amazing colouring in with Copics and pencils etc…Here.
So these are the 5 I would like to pass the award to:-
In no particular order….
1. Jo Dumbleton (in fairness not strictly less than 200 followers) Jo is inspirational and designs some beautiful projects. I met her for the first time in Paris but had been stalking her for a little while – she is lovely, approachable and thoroughly nice to boot!
2. Margaret Ann Moffatt – Margaret Ann is one of the kindest people I have met. Recently she went out of her way to come to my work to let me borrow a stamp set to finish my swaps for Aberdeen and she doe ant even have a car! In addition to that she then sat up till all hours showing Liz and myself how to make the most amazing mini albums – truly wonderful! Margaret Ann get more pics on your blog because I have seen your stuff and it should be published!
3. Liz Archer – I got to know Liz a little better this last weekend going to Aberdeen and sharing a room with her – how better to get to know someone! I am grateful that she could put up with my hairy legs – lack of time before we went – and I think she is grateful I don’t snore….much! But head over to Liz’s blog – she makes some delightful crisp and clean designs – I did steal her Christmas Owl design for one of my demo’s – so thank you Liz!
4. Fiona Duthie – Fiona is something of a celebrity and has designed for U Stamp with Dawn and Friends. Her work is so clean and precise – I am in awe of everything she does. Check her out and you too will be stunned by her amazing designs – my favourite to date is definitely the Christmas wreath…or maybe the butterfly picture..actually she did another one recently too….Oh! Dear they are all amazing! Oh! Just spotted your Valentines wreath…now where’s my paper and score board….
5. Sharon Sim – Sharon gave me a brief tour of her bloodspot at the weekend and I was blown away by the superb things she has made – I am not much of a scrapbooker (I dabble) but Sharon has stunning pages that she has made – go check her out!.
So that is the Award Ceremony for this year….
And finally…I got a telephone call from my eldest son at the weekend which left me wondering why it is that we have spent thousands of pounds on his education…often his lack of common sense leaves me speechless! He rang to say that his leg smelt. At first very little further information was forthcoming and it took a little digging before I found out that no…it didn’t smell because he hadn’t washed after rugby properly, no it didn’t smell because it had lineament on it and no, it didn’t smell for any good reason. It smelt because he had somehow managed to cut it quite badly whilst skiing, it had further been rubbed inside his ski boots, he had put a plaster on it but it appears the said plaster only helped it to fester (never thought to take plaster off before showering!) so now his leg smelt. What should he do? He had a Doctors appointment for later the following week. I pointed out that his leg could be gangrenous by then and he should take himself off the A&E to get it looked at. HE wavered. I was shocked because to me if it is that bad there would be no hesitancy to have it looked at by a professional…but thats me! Then I realised – he’s a student and would be going out that night and going to A&E might interfere with that. A very pointed discussion took place – as you might imagine and he eventually text me back to say his leg had been cleaned out thoroughly and he was now on strong antibiotics which would preclude him from drinking alcohol! as a result he’s now coming home at the weekend…no point being a student and not being able to drink now is there?
Until next time…remember to stamp your place in the world! xxx